The interior designer works with clients to create aesthetically pleasing rooms and spaces. Clients include homeowners, large corporations, and a variety of project spaces, ranging from simple indoor and outdoor home environments to hotel lobbies and luxurious mansions.
Regardless of the project, every interior designer works to create attractive, functional and safe spaces with the specific needs of the client.
Interior designers work to create attractive, functional and safe spaces with the specific needs of each client.
Using furniture layouts, color palettes, décor, and functional décor, interior designers can create a variety of spaces - from living rooms that are beautiful yet functional, ending with offices where people want and love to work. Elements such as artwork, lighting, window processing, and flooring should work together to create an overall look that meets the client's needs.
The responsibilities of an interior designer may include the following:
• Reading and explaining design concepts
• Sit with clients to clarify project goals
• Visualize how the spaces will be used
• Sketch design plans
• Picking materials and furniture
• Placing orders for materials and furniture
• Creating project deadlines
• Estimate project costs
• Project construction-installation supervision
• Coordinate with contractors on plans and specifications
• Coordinate with electricians, artists, plumbers and other professionals
• Ensure the client is satisfied after the project is completed